Lately, I’ve been getting lots of comments like “Help! My spouse is driving me nuts! I can’t take it anymore!” So today, I’d like to offer a simple solution. (Simple, but not necessarily easy.) When your spouse starts agitating—complaining, being mean, or just plain driving you nuts—try this: Turn toward your spouse instead of away […]
In my last post, I wrote about crashing and burning after I ignored my introverted need for peace and quiet. Today, I’d like to show you how you can use that information to strengthen your marriage. So let’s start by recapping: An introvert needs quiet time to recharge while an extrovert recharges by being around […]
I often write about the importance of taking care of yourself first—that way, you’ll have enough energy to take care of your loved ones. So I should know this better than anyone, right? Yeah, right. Except for when life gets really, really busy and everything swirls into one crazy-fast ball, and before you know it—boom!—you’ve […]
Is it just me, or is life challenging as hell right now? I feel like everyone I know is going through some kind of crisis (or many crises). One of the ways I see this showing up is through busyness, overscheduling and a shitload of extra stress. (Hint: none of which actually help.) So today, […]
When you’re feeling disconnected from your partner, hug him (or her) for at least 6 seconds to get the oxytocin flowing. Commonly known as the love and bonding hormone, oxytocin activates the neurotransmitters in your brain that connect you with your loved one, and when it’s flowing, watch out! You’ll start to feel better almost […]
13 Ways to Tell if You’re Checking Out of Your Marriage (and How To Fix it Before Your Spouse Leaves)
Kevin wrote to tell me he’s been working his ass off to provide food and shelter for his family. He works long hours, and when he gets home, he’s too exhausted to connect. His wife’s resentful as hell, and he doesn’t feel great about their marriage, either. But someone has to pay the bills, right? […]
Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of pleas for help around this whole resentment thing. Yesterday, two women wrote me complaining that their husbands weren’t there for there emotionally or financially during some intense life challenges. And then there was the man who asked for advice after his wife physically and emotionally distanced herself from […]
I’m SO excited to announce that my new book, 9 Steps to Heal Your Resentment and Reboot Your Marriage, is now available! As a giant thank you to all of you incredible folks, I’d like to offer you this book for FREE tomorrow and Saturday (until midnight MST Sat, December 13th). All you have to […]
Hi folks! Thanks so much for all your emails about last week’s tips! I’m SO glad that my tips on communicating more clearly (so we can let go of our resentment) were so helpful. For today’s post, I’d like to dig into some of the deeper roots behind our resentment—the (gulp) past! So strap yourself […]
So, how did Thanksgiving go? Anyone still standing? I hope so, because we still have a few more weeks of holidays to go! So let’s jump right in with a few more tips for surviving the holidays and getting rid of your resentment. After my last post, lots of folks emailed to let me know […]
- How Resentment Kills a Marriage (and 5 Ways You Can Kill Your Resentment) May 18, 2012
- Retrain Your Brain in Just 3 Minutes a Day February 16, 2012
- How Do You Know When It’s Time to Give Up? December 5, 2013
- The Root of Our Troubles–and What We Can Do About it April 2, 2013
- The Sex-Starved Marriage (and How to Fix it) August 16, 2014
- What to Do When Your Spouse is Acting Up? Try This June 11, 2015
- How to Use Your Introvert or Extrovert-ed Self to Your Advantage May 27, 2015
- What are You Avoiding, and Why? April 28, 2015
- Why We’re So Frigging Busy (and What We Can Do About It) April 17, 2015
- How to Reconnect with Your Spouse in 6 Seconds March 11, 2015
- Tanja: T, your comment is a powerful one. I think you hit...
- T: Funny. My wife is out of state for work. Our daugh...
- Tired of it all: At least you didn't blame your wife for your ED l...
- Ms. Lisha: Hi, I have been in a relationship for 13years, and...
- Annie: There is obviously much more going on that her hus...
Sign up for our mailing list and receive your free report, 13 Ways to Reboot Your Marriage
I'm a part-time writer who works from home, alongside my work-from-home hubby and our two boys, ages 5 and 3. Welcome to our crazy little space shuttle! Tanja Pajevic
Join the Movement!
Follow me on Twitter @tpajevic
Follow @tpajevic on Twitter