Lately, I’ve received a slew of messages from disgruntled marrieds ready to throw in the towel. Some are still struggling; others have separated or divorced. All of which makes me wonder: how do you know when it’s time to give up? First of all, let me say that this is an incredibly personal decision, and [...]
Note: Today’s post is written by Alexis Meads, a lifestyle and wellness coach. A few weeks ago, I got married. We’re having our wedding in Greece this coming May, but had decided to get legally married at the courthouse beforehand. Let me tell you, I was panicking. Since the thrill of the engagement wore off, [...]
As most of you know, Colorado was hit by massive flash flooding on September 12, wrecking havoc across the state. Ken and I were lucky, with only a few inches of flooding in the basement. I wish I could say that was the case for many others. To date, 8 people have been killed, nearly [...]
When I first met Ken, he used to tell me that my expectations were causing me grief. Ten years later, I finally get it. I also see how expectations are creating havoc in most of our marriages. Think about it: does your spouse ever live up to your expectations? Isn’t there always something more he [...]
As a former revolutionary freedom-fighter (ha! in my mind, maybe) I can be way rougher on Ken than I need to be. Or at least way rougher than some of my friends. Then I read a couple of articles that helped me put things into perspective. The first one talked about the importance of navigating [...]
With Father’s Day right around the corner, I’d like to take a few minutes to celebrate our men. Because as much as we complain about them, do we really ever tell them how much we appreciate them? Why is that? Well, I think it’s because we expect way too much of them, in the same [...]
Thanks, everyone, for your patience these past couple of months. My mother passed away in December and it’s taken me a while to get back into regular life, much less this blog. So. Here we go…. If there’s one thing I’ve learned this last year, it’s that most of our problems revolve around a basic—but [...]
Frustrated and pissed off at your spouse? Wondering how you’ll get through another stressful, jam-packed holiday season? Sure you are. We all are. It’s tough enough to stay on top of things during normal times, but how are you supposed to do that during times of high-stress, when you’ve got 65 daily to-dos that need [...]
Note: Today’s post is written by Jenny Kales, The Nut-Free Mom. It’s been said that having a child is similar to having a bomb go off in your marriage. Now try having a child with a chronic, life-threatening medical condition that is greatly misunderstood and sometimes maligned – food allergies. This is what happened to [...]
I’ve spent the last two weeks at the hospital, caring for a loved one. Here’s what I’ve learned: It’s always easier to blame someone or something else for whatever went wrong. Blaming solves nothing. Most of the shit we worry about doesn’t really matter. Love, love and more love. That’s where it’s at, folks. When [...]
- Retrain Your Brain in Just 3 Minutes a Day February 16, 2012
- How Resentment Kills a Marriage (and 5 Ways You Can Kill Your Resentment) May 18, 2012
- The Root of Our Troubles–and What We Can Do About it April 2, 2013
- The Power of Positive Thinking–for One Week Only! July 3, 2011
- Working Out the Kinks (or Why 2 out of 3 Ain’t Bad) January 31, 2012
- How Do You Know When It’s Time to Give Up? December 5, 2013
- How to Face Your Fears and Finally Commit November 19, 2013
- Notes from the Colorado Flood September 25, 2013
- Why It Might Be Time to Change Our Expectations August 5, 2013
- Enough of the Fighting, Already! July 1, 2013
- How to Face Your Fears and Finally Commit | Alexis Meads: [...] Read the rest of my article here published ...
- tpajevic: Dear FR, I think you need to follow what's ri...
- forever resentful: Thank you and I'm going to seriously think about ...
- tpajevic: Dear FR, Take care of YOU. Then take care of your...
- tpajevic: Dear friend, It sounds like you're going throug...
Sign up for our mailing list and receive your free report, 13 Ways to Reboot Your Marriage
I'm a part-time writer who works from home, alongside my work-from-home hubby and our two boys, ages 5 and 3. Welcome to our crazy little space shuttle! Tanja Pajevic
Join the Movement!
Follow me on Twitter @tpajevic
Follow @tpajevic on Twitter