With all the news about Robin Williams floating around this week, I wanted to share a post I wrote about his death (and what it brings up for the rest of us) that I just published on my other blog, The Rhythm of Grief. As I’ve learned since my mother’s death, grief tends to bring […]
I wanted to share this TEDx talk with you because I think it can help a lot of us. In this thought-provoking talk, Michele Weiner-Davis shows us why sex plays such an important role in communication and connection, then teaches us what we can do to fix it. Especially recommended for anyone who feels like […]
Lately, I’ve been reading a lot about how our brains are wired for negativity. Back in the old days, this negativity bias helped us survive by constantly scanning the horizon for trouble. But since we no longer need to be on alert for lion attacks (well, most of us, anyway), our brain keeps us needlessly […]
So many of us are struggling to break the patterns we’ve inherited from our families. I hope this essay I recently published on Gawker helps someone out there break free from their family chains — or at least reconsider their family stories with fresh eyes.
As many of you know, my mother recently passed away. Here’s a tribute to my parents that recently ran in the The New York Times’ “The Lives They Loved.”
Lately, I’ve received a slew of messages from disgruntled marrieds ready to throw in the towel. Some are still struggling; others have separated or divorced. All of which makes me wonder: how do you know when it’s time to give up? First of all, let me say that this is an incredibly personal decision, and […]
Note: Today’s post is written by Alexis Meads, a lifestyle and wellness coach. A few weeks ago, I got married. We’re having our wedding in Greece this coming May, but had decided to get legally married at the courthouse beforehand. Let me tell you, I was panicking. Since the thrill of the engagement wore off, […]
As most of you know, Colorado was hit by massive flash flooding on September 12, wrecking havoc across the state. Ken and I were lucky, with only a few inches of flooding in the basement. I wish I could say that was the case for many others. To date, 8 people have been killed, nearly […]
When I first met Ken, he used to tell me that my expectations were causing me grief. Ten years later, I finally get it. I also see how expectations are creating havoc in most of our marriages. Think about it: does your spouse ever live up to your expectations? Isn’t there always something more he […]
As a former revolutionary freedom-fighter (ha! in my mind, maybe) I can be way rougher on Ken than I need to be. Or at least way rougher than some of my friends. Then I read a couple of articles that helped me put things into perspective. The first one talked about the importance of navigating […]
- How Resentment Kills a Marriage (and 5 Ways You Can Kill Your Resentment) May 18, 2012
- Retrain Your Brain in Just 3 Minutes a Day February 16, 2012
- The Root of Our Troubles–and What We Can Do About it April 2, 2013
- How Do You Know When It’s Time to Give Up? December 5, 2013
- The Power of Positive Thinking–for One Week Only! July 3, 2011
- By Mourning Robin Williams, We Also Mourn Our Own Losses August 17, 2014
- The Sex-Starved Marriage (and How to Fix it) August 16, 2014
- Reboot Your Brain (and Save Your Marriage in the Process) August 5, 2014
- What My Mother’s Death Taught Me About Life January 3, 2014
- Tribute to My Parents December 29, 2013
- tpajevic: I think that's all you can do, Joni. Did your cou...
- joni: Thanks for the insight. I have done some work on ...
- tpajevic: Joni, That's a hard one, especially since you...
- joni: My husband takes everything I say personally, his ...
- Hardino: This reminds me of the frog in hot water analogy. ...
Sign up for our mailing list and receive your free report, 13 Ways to Reboot Your Marriage
I'm a part-time writer who works from home, alongside my work-from-home hubby and our two boys, ages 5 and 3. Welcome to our crazy little space shuttle! Tanja Pajevic
Join the Movement!
Follow me on Twitter @tpajevic
Follow @tpajevic on Twitter