- It’s always easier to blame someone or something else for whatever went wrong.
- Blaming solves nothing.
- Most of the shit we worry about doesn’t really matter.
- Love, love and more love. That’s where it’s at, folks.
- When in doubt, start asking questions.
- Why do we wait until it’s almost too late before we realize what’s really important?
- After the adrenaline rush of a crisis wears off, don’t be surprised if you fall into despair.
- Sometimes, a little denial isn’t a bad thing. Sometimes it’s the only way we can make it through.
- During times of crisis, not sleeping makes sense. Until the next crisis hits and we don’t have any reserves to handle it.
- Thank God for friends.
- If used correctly, crappy magazines and TV are a wonderful way to recharge/briefly escape.
- Never underestimate how much a child understands.
- Never underestimate the healing power of a child’s get-well card.
- How did I ever doubt my husband? Ken’s a rock star. Always is and always has been, and I can’t thank him enough for everything he does for me and my family, each and every day.
- There’s definitely something to be said for the power of prayer.
- Nurses are the most amazing people in the world. ICU nurses kick some serious ass.
- Acceptance is a powerful thing, and accepting someone in their entirety (both good and bad) may just be one of the most generous gifts we can ever give another human being.
- Why the hell do we take so much for granted?
- I am one blessed motherfucker.
19 Things I Learned in the ICU
- How Resentment Kills a Marriage (and 5 Ways You Can Kill Your Resentment) May 18, 2012
- Retrain Your Brain in Just 3 Minutes a Day February 16, 2012
- How Do You Know When It’s Time to Give Up? December 5, 2013
- The Root of Our Troubles–and What We Can Do About it April 2, 2013
- The Sex-Starved Marriage (and How to Fix it) August 16, 2014
- 9 Steps Now Available in Paperback (plus a FREE gift if you act fast!) July 14, 2015
- A Hacker’s Guide to Better Communication July 8, 2015
- What to Do When Your Spouse is Acting Up? Try This June 11, 2015
- How to Use Your Introvert or Extrovert-ed Self to Your Advantage May 27, 2015
- What are You Avoiding, and Why? April 28, 2015
- Tanja: HM,HTC: I'd definitely recommend going to counse...
- Her Mom, His to control: Our relationship has never been perfect. In fact, ...
- Tanja: D, I think you need to decide what you're willi...
- D: Well eating out is fine, my wife does not drive, h...
- Tanja: Laila, I don't think there's any "appropriate...
acceptance All Children Flourishing anger anxiety Ayelet Waldman Boulder boundaries clutter compassion David Code death divorce expectations extended family extrovert fighting forgiveness Gabriel Hold Me Tight house remodel Howard Glasser Igniting the Greatness of Our Children in-laws introvert Iris Krasnow John Gottman Kate Braestrup Ken kitchen remodel love marital strife marriage mistakes money New York Times Nico parenting positive thinking Put Your Marriage First resentment responsibility stress tag1 The House To Raise Happy Kids
Sign up for our mailing list and receive your free report, 13 Ways to Reboot Your Marriage
I'm a part-time writer who works from home, alongside my work-from-home hubby and our two boys, ages 5 and 3. Welcome to our crazy little space shuttle! Tanja Pajevic
Join the Movement!
Follow me on Twitter @tpajevic
Follow @tpajevic on Twitter