- It’s always easier to blame someone or something else for whatever went wrong.
- Blaming solves nothing.
- Most of the shit we worry about doesn’t really matter.
- Love, love and more love. That’s where it’s at, folks.
- When in doubt, start asking questions.
- Why do we wait until it’s almost too late before we realize what’s really important?
- After the adrenaline rush of a crisis wears off, don’t be surprised if you fall into despair.
- Sometimes, a little denial isn’t a bad thing. Sometimes it’s the only way we can make it through.
- During times of crisis, not sleeping makes sense. Until the next crisis hits and we don’t have any reserves to handle it.
- Thank God for friends.
- If used correctly, crappy magazines and TV are a wonderful way to recharge/briefly escape.
- Never underestimate how much a child understands.
- Never underestimate the healing power of a child’s get-well card.
- How did I ever doubt my husband? Ken’s a rock star. Always is and always has been, and I can’t thank him enough for everything he does for me and my family, each and every day.
- There’s definitely something to be said for the power of prayer.
- Nurses are the most amazing people in the world. ICU nurses kick some serious ass.
- Acceptance is a powerful thing, and accepting someone in their entirety (both good and bad) may just be one of the most generous gifts we can ever give another human being.
- Why the hell do we take so much for granted?
- I am one blessed motherfucker.
19 Things I Learned in the ICU
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- Retrain Your Brain in Just 3 Minutes a Day February 16, 2012
- How Resentment Kills a Marriage (and 5 Ways You Can Kill Your Resentment) May 18, 2012
- The Root of Our Troubles–and What We Can Do About it April 2, 2013
- The Power of Positive Thinking–for One Week Only! July 3, 2011
- Working Out the Kinks (or Why 2 out of 3 Ain’t Bad) January 31, 2012
- How Do You Know When It’s Time to Give Up? December 5, 2013
- How to Face Your Fears and Finally Commit November 19, 2013
- Notes from the Colorado Flood September 25, 2013
- Why It Might Be Time to Change Our Expectations August 5, 2013
- Enough of the Fighting, Already! July 1, 2013
- Kathleen: Hey T~ We've only had a few friends divorce, than...
- How to Face Your Fears and Finally Commit | Alexis Meads: [...] Read the rest of my article here published ...
- tpajevic: Dear FR, I think you need to follow what's ri...
- forever resentful: Thank you and I'm going to seriously think about ...
- tpajevic: Dear FR, Take care of YOU. Then take care of your...
acceptance anger anxiety Ayelet Waldman Boulder boundaries clutter compassion David Code death divorce expectations extended family forgiveness Gabriel Hold Me Tight house remodel Howard Glasser Igniting the Greatness of Our Children in-laws Iris Krasnow John Gottman Kate Braestrup Ken kitchen remodel love marital strife marriage mistakes money New York Times Nico peanut allergy positive thinking Put Your Marriage First responsibility sandwich generation Serbia Serbian stress Sue Johnson support tag1 The House To Raise Happy Kids
Sign up for our mailing list and receive your free report, 13 Ways to Reboot Your Marriage
I'm a part-time writer who works from home, alongside my work-from-home hubby and our two boys, ages 5 and 3. Welcome to our crazy little space shuttle! Tanja Pajevic
Join the Movement!
Follow me on Twitter @tpajevic
Follow @tpajevic on Twitter